Thursday, July 17, 2008

China Funny!!

During our stay in Shandong we spent one night in a rather iffy hotel so we could see the Confucius Temple and Mount Taishan, they were about 3 hour from Jinan City. This particular hotel was probably nice about 20-30 years ago. It was basically clean and I never saw a bug other than a mosquito. As we were getting ready for bed, the phone rang. Here is how the conversation went as I listened to Todd:

Todd: Hello
What.... In English.
One more time.
Uh NO!

So being the ever nosey wife I asked what the call was a about.

He said (and I quote) It was a lady and she said "Beautiful Asian girl have sex with you for 500 Yuan"

Thank goodness he said NO!!!!

The next day we asked our guide about it. She got the same call only they hung up when they heard a woman's voice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, cracking up here! Same thing happened to us in Russia. Funny!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh dear me!!!! I can't imagine!!!!

Pamela said...

That is crazy!! it would've been funny if YOU had answered the phone :)
Pam

Karmen and Greg said...

Oh my goodness -- I'd have been mortified! Sad, really! I'm glad he said No too! : )

Karmen

Anonymous said...

That's truly funny, NOW!!! :):)

Your dd is SO beautiful!!!

Thank you for letting us follow your journey!

Donna said...

Oh my!!! That's too funny...off to tell my husband that one.

Visitors