Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two weeks home...




Genei has been ours for one month and we have been home for two weeks. She is doing so well. It is hard to describe how blessed I feel. At this point I can't imagine a smoother transition and I know how blessed I am to be able to say this. Some things I have learned about my daughter:

* She has the sweetest smile- and when she is really laughing she closes her right eye and looks a tad bit like Popeye.

* Genei is a Mommy's girl from sun-up to sun-down. She prefers me over anyone else...including Daddy. She tolerates her brothers and has her moments with Dad (usually when I step out of the room). We have been working on her with this by letting Daddy give her baths and put her to bed at night.

* She has gained 4lbs since we first met her.

* She has nine teeth with two more that just pop through.

* Genei may be tiny, but she know what she wants....and she lets us know too! Did I mention she has a stubborn streak.

* She loves music and bops her head and claps whenever it comes on.

* She can sign "Thank you" and "more"

* She almost always falls asleep in the car, no matter the distance. DH says "just like mommy"

* She is my daughter and I love her. I didn't give birth to her, but my heart doesn't know that. I am in love with this child. Sometimes it still doesn't feel real. I sit in her room and rock her to sleep thinking about all the times I would imagine this day and it doesn't seem possible that she is finally here. Please..if your still waiting, hang in there, keep waiting, it is worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Our kids are worth all of the wait and heartache! So glad Genei is doing well. I loved the family picture. Isn't it a great feeling when all of your kids are in your arms...just where they're supposed to be!

Pamela said...

This brought tears to my eyes too... I know how you longed for Genei and it makes me so happy to know she is there with you now...forever. I can't wait to experience that same joy. I can't wait 'till all my kids are together in one place too.. it really is a great feeling.

Pam

Visitors