Friday, March 05, 2010

Finally an update...







I can't believe almost a year has past and wow how fast time has gone. The kids are getting so big and life is busier than ever. Genei has transitioned from a baby to a precious little girl with a big personality. She is 100% girl and full of girl drama. Seriously I didn't know it was possible for such a small child to whine so much. The contrast between Genei and her brothers is like night and day. I am so blessed to be able to experience the joys and differences of parenting a daughter.

Genei started preschool this year and has adjusted well. The boys went to this same school and most of the teachers supported us during our adoption process so they were excited for her to join them this year.

Braeden continues to have a big happy personality. He is enjoys school and is friends with everyone.

Garrett is thriving in second grade and has been placed in an advanced math class.

Ethan is getting bigger and older. My little boy is gone and in his place is a moody tweener that likes to argue. We joking refer to his mood swings as his symbiotic alien from the planet Pubertron. The next...oh 8-10 years should be interesting.

Todd and I are doing well. He still works for Stanley and is happy to be blessed with employment. My job changed some in November as I was reassigned to the Bariatric unit abd ICU. The transition was difficult at first but returning to critical care feels like coming home. I love staff development and the autonomy that comes with educating in creative ways.

Probably the most exciting and unexpected thing I have to report is that I have joined a roller derby team and I love it. I was looking for a fun way to be more active and co-worker introduced me to a local team. I'll post more about derby later but you can check out my team @ www.ccsrollerderby.com P.S. My derby name is Spleana Rupture :)

Sorry it's been so long and hopefully I can update more often.
God Bless
Alisha

3 comments:

Donna said...

Great update :) I must say, that is too funny about the roller derby! I admire your "toughness", I could never do that - well, and I can't really skate so it wouldn't work anyway. lol. Good for you!!
Donna

Kelly and Matt said...

Wow, your a busy bunch! SO glad to hear you all are doing well.

Going to check out your team page now ;o)

Karmen and Greg said...

Roller derby!!!! Holy cow you are one BRAVE woman!!! It's been a while since I've checked in with you. It's nice to see how well your family is doing!

Visitors